DOC main activities
owned sport infrastructure’s management, co-financing of competitively-training process for promising athletes in individual, Olympic sports, promotion of the Olympic movement, awareness-raising and other sports activities.
Ltd. "Daugavpils Olympic Center" was registered in the Register Company January 27, 1995 as a non-profit organization. It functioned as non-profit organization till January 11, 2005. Starting from January 11, 2005 - Ltd "Daugavpils Olympic Center." Mr. Uldis Pastars (the first director of DOC) has been running the Center since its foundation.
Ltd. "Daugavpils Olympic Center" position/statue says that the purpose of the company is to provide competitively-training process for Daugavpils athletes, the implementation of development programs in sport, construction and operation of sports facilities.
The contribution of Daugavpils Olympic Center into development of sports in Daugavpils during 20 years has been significant. During these years the Center provided support to a number of sportsmen in preparation for the highest level contests - World and European Championships and Olympic Games. Among them are such well known sportsmen as:
- Athletes: Igors Kazanovs, Dmitrijs Jurkevičs, Valērija Linkeviča, Aleksandra Koblenca, Jūlija Tarvide;
- Wrestlers: Anastasija Grigorjeva, Aleksandrs Pomjalovs, Karalīna Tjapko, Imants Lagodskis;
- Weightlifters: Artjoms Žerebkovs, Vadims Koževņikovs, Vadims Sļesarjevs;
- Fencers: Jūlija Vansoviča, Andris Jahimovičs, Artūrs Šīlins;
- Figureskater: Deniss Vasiļjevs;
- Boxer: Evanders Servuds.
In cooperation with the Latvian Olympic Committee, Daugavipils Municipality and enchained benefactors, Daugavipls Olympic Center provides:
- Investments into construction and rennovation of the city sports establishments, improvement of technical and material provision (running tracks of „Celtnieks” stadium, DOC weighlifting gym, two wrestling gyms, fittness gym, drill hall of Daugavpils Secondary School No.13, tenniss courts etc.);
- Coaching and contest process to Daugavpils best and most perspective sportsmen in order to get into the national Olympic team (fencers, weightlifters, wrestlers, athletes and other sports representatives).